Wednesday, September 22, 2010

First day of school (3 weeks in)

So I've been a baaaad baaaaaaaaaaad blogger... It's going to be a crazy fall!
  1. We have season tix to the Aggie games - WHOOP! (picture of us at the game later - it's on my phone).
  2. We also signed Kendall up for her first organized sport - SOFTBALL! Well, as organized as 4-6 year olds can be. Kendall knows nothing of the sport. She's been to a baseball game but she of course played more than she watched - which is totally normal. I'm not expecting her to keep player stats. Not that her dad wouldn't eat that up. First practice is tomorrow night. Pictures will surely follow this weekend.
  3. And school is back in session - shhh....can you hear it? Silence. Yes the girls are asleep but it is more quiet than this when they are at school and it is awesome! I love love love my girls, but I love love love having time to myself without having to fix lunch, get somthing to drink, get a napkin, wipe a mouth, get the other something to drink, wash hands, Ty get out of the kitchen, sit back down, put the table down, stop scooting the table, just LEAVE IT ALONE OR YOU ARE BOTH GOING TO YOUR ROOMS!
Where was I? Oh yes...school. So here are the girls on their first day of school. I was having difficulties with my camera so Kendall is a little blurry but you get the gist. Avery insisted on wearing her ugly old croc shoes. Kendall has never cared about what I pick out for her. Avery on the other hand - she is one opinionated chic. So, fine, cute dress, ugly shoes. Avery - 1, mom - 0.

Kendall was more than ready to get back to school. Avery was skeptical but that's where we go to church and she's familiar with the building and of course she wants to do whatever big sister is doing, so she willingly followed. And shockingly - NO TEARS. In the whole toddler class! 10 toddlers aged 18-24 months and not one cried. I think it was a first. Her teachers were pleasantly surprised but waiting for something or someone to trigger the tears. But they never came.

I'll have to get a picture of Avery with her teachers and Kendall with her teachers. The first day was so hectic that I didn't want to add more stress to the teachers. Kendall's teachers ADORE her. She is one of only 3 girls in a class of 12 so she is more than favored. Not too mention that she honestly is a pleasant kid. If she's not, someone please tell me.

Okay, I'm pooped. Time for bed. Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment