Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Halloween!!!

I think that this picture pretty much sums it all up...
Days before Halloween the girls had been sick with very high fevers - minimum 102...it was just a fever virus but it was not fun. I got the girls good and medicated with Tylenol/Advil and then dressed them for trick-or-treating! Yes, I let the girls spread germs on the street.

FOR THE RECORD:
  1. They were on the upside of the virus.
  2. I only let them go up and down our street.
I told Kendall to ask people to put the candy in her basket instead of her reaching in and germing up all of the candy wrappers. I didn't think she'd remember but sure enough, the first house she sounds all bossy saying "you can just put the candy in my basket." Ahh...I'm so proud! For once she actually listened!!! No, she's really such an awesome kid...

This was Avery's first year of real trick or treating and getting her dresses up was a challege (if you couldn't tell from the first picture). But as usual she followed suit with Kendall and was giddy after the first house. Fever?! What fever? I don't feel the 103 degree aches anymore mom!

Mom and I went to HomeGoods in August and Kendall had begged to go with us. She spotted this Kimono outfit and declared then and there THAT was what she wanted to be for Halloween. I said (trying to disuade her to what I figured she'd truly want) you don't want to be Cinderella or Snow White or Ariel!?

NO! And low and behold she stuck to it. (but she did get the princess candy bucket) If I hadn't been dealing with cranky sick babies for 2 days we'd have done her hair in a bun with chopsticks but by dusk, we were lucky we didn't go in our pjs. Kendall was disappointed that we didn't get her purple flip flops in the picture so I'll do a "redo" for her one of these days...

Overall it was a great short night of trick-or-treating and I'm still eating the tons of candy that I got from the 10 houses we visited!!!

1 comment: